Things I Write

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Exciting News of October 10th!

To those of you who frequent this blog often, I have exciting news for you! Everything in my last post about going to Virginia and Washington D.C. is temporarily void. I have a new assignment!!
Iowa
is my new assignment location! I will be working at the Joint Field Office in Urbandale, IA (just outside the state capital, Des Moines) until this whole government shut down thing gets itself worked out. A few months ago a series of severe storms, flooding, and tornadoes struck throughout the State of Iowa…so my team and I will be assisting the public in matters that have not yet been taken care of. It’s vague—yes, but to be totally honest…I’m not sure what all I’m allowed to say on the World Wide Web…so I say the more vague umbrella terms the better!! I’m just grateful that we are able to finally deploy and start doing the work we’ve been trained to do J

Here’s how I feel about the change in plans: “lsdkjflsknllskjflsdjf!!!! :D J :]”. In English, that roughly translates to: “I am excited beyond words and thriving in this adrenaline fueled adventure!!! :D :) :]” I never thought when I accepted this position six months ago that I would be handing all this dramatic change in such a positive way. I absolutely love it. It’s terrifying and full of unknowns…but shockingly, those are my favorite things about it. I have a feeling I’m going to be quite an adrenaline junkie once I’m completed with my term serving in AmeriCorps NCCC FEMA Corps (that name really never quickly flows off the tongue…).

We depart tomorrow morning at “9 am” after a series of room and kitchen inspections, room key turn ins, and last minute packing of the van. Now can you understand why I put it in quotes? We will be arriving in Urbandale, Iowa Saturday afternoon…with no set place to live yet. It is likely that we will not know our living situation until we’re there…but that’s the beauty of this job!


So here is to an endless amount of unknowns and unbelievable amounts of excitement! Iowa, here I come!! J


No comments:

Post a Comment