Things I Write

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Departure in T minus 7 Hours

The day has finally arrived. I leave for my next (and very real) adventure tomorrow morning by 6:00 AM at the very latest. Here's a quick description of what is going on for those of you who do not already know:

I am moving to Denver, Colorado my next series of life events. I'm not sure how long this chapter will be...but it will likely be the most emotional, impulsive, and action-filled chapter of this adventurous life. Doug, Alex, and I will be staying at Alex's friends house in Fort Collins, CO for about a week...and then the whole "roof over our heads" thing is a little up in the air. As I mentioned through Facebook a few days ago, if you know anyone who can let us rest our heads and wash our bodies for a night or two-- any help is always greatly appreciated. Hopefully we will not be apartment-less for long though...

My wonderful boyfriend Doug flew out to California on Tuesday to help keep me company while I packed, to see California for the first time, and to help me drive out to Colorado about a week earlier than I would have been able to otherwise (I would have had to wait for my Mom to take time off of work and leave instead on the 11th). We've been packing and cleaning and cooking for my family all week...and by some insane miracle, one of Doug's best friends from childhood lives about 15 minutes from my parents house AND another one of this childhood friends was in town visiting. Point being-- the boys were able to reconnect and it gave us some great 4th of July memories.

Today has been my big day of prolonged packing procrastination. 8 hours before departure and I can finally say I'm "ready" to go. We've tried to relax much of today, we of course watched the World Cup games, and we had a great dinner with my parents at my always favorite Avila's El Ranchito.

As I type, Doug is packing the car I will be loaning from my parents for the next few months: a 2012 Toyota Prius. I think it is a robot...and the more reading up we do on all it's capabilities, the more this nickname is confirmed. This car is going to be full...and it is only a small fraction of all the belongings I hope to get moved out to Denver in the next few months. We will have to cross that bridge when we get there...

Now that I have updated you all on today's preparation activities, I should also tell you this: I intend to keep you all up to date on our travels, couch surfing, apartment and job hunts, and other exciting happenstances along the way. I'm storing up all the travel expense receipts to see how much we actually spend in the next few weeks, to see if we can be more economical about it in the future, and to give some fun little anecdotes about the insanity!

Well, that is all for tonight. Keep tuned in for some hopefully more exciting information and stories soon...Good night! :)

"Doug, come take a picture with me for my blog!" We're excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment