Things I Write

Sunday, July 6, 2014

From Orange County to Grand Junction

We made it to Grand Junction, CO everyone! Because we just completed 14 hours straight of travel and are finally relaxing for the night, I'm going to make this one quick on words and heavy on pictures.

  • Cried when I said goodbye to my parents and to their "you know you're always welcome home...alright?" farewell
  • Got on the road by 6:15 AM (15 minutes late...I know...)
  • Doug saw his first ever 80 MPH speed limit sign-- he's never seen it get up so high! And to be fair...I don't think I have either
  • Ran into a bit of a storm in Utah...
Pre-rain fall.
During rainfall. 
  • Stopped at the San Rafael Swell to take pictures and stretch our legs

  • Doug decided this picture would be "hilarious"
Doug: Shannon, take a picture of me sleeping.
Me: You're driving, no.
Doug: No no, don't worry, I'll keep my left eye open.
  • I seemed to have some serious noun aphasia aka I had a ridiculously hard time thinking of what items were called when I was trying to talk about them
  • This is how far we are from Denver! (that says 256 miles FYI)

  • There was a pretty sunset tonight :)


Now for tomorrow, we hope to leave Grand Junction, CO by 9:00 AM so that we can get to an Open House/Apartment tomorrow afternoon with our future roommate (and best friend) Alex. Maybe this will be the one!!

On another note, we were so thrilled with our view at the San Rafael Swell that we have sworn to stop at more (if not all) of the view points we pass tomorrow. So there will definitely be more beautiful pictures to come. 

Thanks for checking in. See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment