Things I Write

Friday, March 13, 2015

A Black Eye is Forming

Today, after struggling to get the students engaged in anything, I had to have a discussion with three students about why they were refusing to be on the same soccer team. This took nearly the entire program time. But don't worry, in the last 2 minutes before programs ended (when I was finally allowed to have a little bit of fun), I managed to take a soccer ball to the face, break my only pair of glasses, get a big ol' gash on the bridge of my nose, and maybe curse a little bit (but hopefully quiet enough that none of the students heard because I'm supposed to practice what I preach, right?)

Please see the progression of embarrassing "selfies" below to fully experience the awkwardness and humor of my very interesting Friday the 13th. I never was much for superstition...but perhaps now my mind has changed. 

The little gash on my nose from my glasses frames breaking.
Emergency surgery on my broken glasses. Thank goodness for super glue.
"When life gives you a soccer ball to the face,
wrap peas on your head." -Shannon T. Conmy
(I give everyone complete permission to quote me on this)
Now let's hope I don't get a black eye. #selfie
Not pictured above is a very humorous interaction between me and my roommate, Kurt. While ordering a new pair of glasses online, I realized I did not know my PD: pupillary distance, aka the distance in millimeters between the center of my pupils. Kurt and I attempted for about 10 minutes to measure the distance with a ruler. It was quite a sight to see. 

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone. Hope you had a great one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment