Things I Write

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Words That Hold Weight: Week Three

So these are a little more delayed than usual, oops J After last week’s  l o n g week, I went to New Orleans for the first time…so it’s pretty safe to say I did not make time for my normal posting. Hopefully you all can forgive me! 

The majority of this week’s quotes come from Brigadier General Robert Crear, an inspirational leader who was born and raised here in Vicksburg, Mississippi. It’s incredible where a strong work ethic can get you.

“I want to learn how not to be a slave to my rebellion” –Aubrey, fellow Team Leader 
“Are you going to walk across the finish line when you know you can run?” –Justin, Unit Leader 
“Do what’s right.” 

“I could have been negatively affected…but to be honest, I’m probably the exception.” 
“In leadership, character counts above all.” 
“Followers want leader who is fair.” 
“If they are going to be out there, I am going to be out there.” 
“Integrity is non-negotiable.” 
“You will always have to do the hard right, no matter what.” 
“Loyalty flows up and down the chain of command.” 
“I’m not going to teach you leadership, it’s already in you.” 
“Take care of your people.” 
“You are expendable.” 
“People are going to make mistakes. That’s just a fact.” 
“Reward good performance. Record poor performance.” 
“GIMHA. Guide. Inspire. Motivate. Hold Accountable.” –Justin, Unit Leader 
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” –Winston Churchill 
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is about growing others.” –Jack Welch

What’s going on over here: I am apparently really ridiculously allergic to black gnat bites. I woke up Wednesday morning nice and early from a bad dream…just to realize it was not a nightmare at all. I have had hives all over my back for the past 36 hours…and it has felt like weeks. Fingers crossed that I can use some self-control to not scratch!

With that said, you all should be getting a lot more posts this weekend…I’m planning on a nice rejuvenating weekend before the insanity of Corps Training Institute for the next six weeks. I will soon be a Team Leader 24/7. Let the insanity begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment