Things I Write

Sunday, November 17, 2013

There's No Such Thing As Coincidence

HOLY COW YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS. I was just reading through my old blog posts and came across this:
What are people from other states called? Me and my friend Ryan had quite the laugh as we tried to figure out (read: make up) the names of people from other states. Like, I am from California—I am Californian. Our favorite made-up title was for people from Iowa—Iowinians. I'm certain that's incorrect, but it gave us a good laugh. I hope I never know the actual titles of people from other states…guessing is just way too fun.
What are the chances that my team's first deployment would be to IOWA? And here, I had this funny little conversation three months before I even had an inkling of where I would be deployed to. Amazing...


Upon this discovery...and after watching entirely too many mushy movies this weekend...I am even more convinced that everything happens for a reason. Even the smallest, seemingly inconsequential conversations about silly names or a friendly smile on the street or that big huge mistake you wish that you could take back or that time you put it all on the line and told someone you loved them...it all happens for some bigger reason. Or at least that is what I have chosen to believe. 

Today, someone told me "I wish I believed in true love." My immediate response was..."Sometimes I wish I didn't." I don't know if or when this naive, childish, romantic, silly attitude will ever pay off...but I certainly hope that it will...one day. Life has its bumpy, rough moments...but all in all, I am where I am right now, I'm growing every day and I'm genuinely happy with my progress towards wholeness.

I look forward to encountering more "coincidences" in my life. No matter how trivial...because that is just who I am. I am young, naive, hopeful, and vulnerable. I am a believer in true love and I believe everything happens for a reason.



On that note..I think it's time I switch back to reading non-fiction for a while to get my rational brain working a little more than it has these past few days. Moving to Jefferson City in T minus 13 hours! OH BOY! :) 

Goodnight everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment