Things I Write

Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Day of Successes

We got the place in Highlands Denver area and we move in Sunday!!!! ...thank goodness.

I had an interview today. I have two more tomorrow. One Monday. And potentially a follow up interview on Tuesday for the place I interviewed at today. Doug also found an incredible job that both him and I will be applying for tonight or tomorrow. I am about to write an awesome cover letter for that now...

Doug got a temporary job at a bar in downtown Denver...his first shift is already tomorrow night. While I am at my interview tomorrow afternoon, he is planning on continuing applying to places, but this time closer to our new home!! Since it is just temporary, he's hoping to make it as convenient as possible for himself while he applies for jobs that really make his heart soar. 

By some beautiful stroke of luck, Doug and I were able to make it back into Fort Collins at a reasonable hour, stopped and got a quick and cheap bite to eat, and went to a park to play soccer with Alex. It is the first time since the 4th that Doug and I have actually been able to be any amount of physically active during daylight hours. It was a necessary break from reality. It does mean, however, that after a day of walking in high heels and running around...my ankle is a bit swollen again...womp womp :( Oh well, it is a price I'd gladly pay to get some exercise implemented into our outrageously busy and stressful days. 

Doug, Alex, and I bought a bottle of wine and just sat in the backyard of our temporary place and were, once again, real human beings with one another. I decided to call it a night a bit earlier than them so they could have some "bro" time...or whatever you call it...and so that I could get some alone time. I definitely don't feel like I have had a huge decrease in alone time (even though I have) and I'm still relatively sane (for me) but it is certainly a social necessity that I have to remember I need.

Well, I best be going. Here is a picture that I completely forgot to post last night. This is the Denver skyline as it nears nightfall. I'm falling in love more and more everyday. Here's to hoping for even more success tomorrow. Sleep well! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment