Things I Write

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The First Emotional Break

Doug and I are currently set up at a cute little coffee shop in Fort Collins. I just applied for a job working with AmeriCorps NCCC in Denver (that would be exciting huh?) and we started cracking jokes about who knows what.

One moment I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes...the next...I'm crying and saying "this is so hard". I am an uncontrollable emotional roller coaster. It is Day Two. This is not a good sign...

Doug: Shannon, I would never take a picture of you crying...
*click click click*
Despite the fact that this sounds broken and depressing, I'm actually fine. I think its funny when my emotions creep out when I'm trying hardest to stay strong and motivated. Just a few more days until the uncertainty is over. We gotta keep pushing. Our efforts should definitely be rewarded...hopefully sooner than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment