Things I Write

Monday, September 15, 2014

Motion Censored Lights

Today was extra strange for a span of about 5 minutes.


The five minutes all started when...

I went to the staff bathroom at North High School after Drop-In hours ended at Mi Casa. As I was in the bathroom for what didn't seem like that much time, the lights went out on me. Shockingly enough, my first emotions wasn't fear... My first emotion was embarrassment. What if someone had walked into the bathroom right then to find some weirdo going potty in the dark!? (Yes, I am 23. And yes, I did say "going potty"). I was and could have been that weirdo. 

As soon as the lights went out, I naturally started flailing my arms and legs around wildly. But no, that didn't work. It took me exiting the stall and walking all the way over to the entrance in order to turn the lights back on. Who only puts a light sensor at the entrance to a bathroom?? There's absolutely no way that I am the only person who has ever had this experience...(I hope). 


So that was weird, right?

Well it gets weirder. 


As I'm walking to my car just having this traumatizing pitch black restroom experience, this group of girls start yelling at me to get my attention. They kept hollering "Girl! Girl with the backpack! Girl with the boots! Lady with the pony tail! Lady! Girl with the turquoise backpack!" and other vague poor-attention-grabbing identifiers. I realized as I was walking away that they are likely some of my students I have in my drop-in program. I started to feel bad for ignoring them...but then I realized THEY DON'T KNOW MY NAME YET! Rude. 



The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment