Things I Write

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Bump in the Road

Life wouldn't be life if there weren't a few bumps in the road.


And here's my bump:

My adventure partner/boyfriend/best friend is moving back to Long Island, NY to take care of his family. It is decisions like these that make me so grateful to have such a selfless and loving person in my life. But it is also these decisions that test my patience, support, and love. I have been struggling to keep on a happy face with the stresses of searching for new roommates, purchasing home supplies, coming down with a cold, three jobs, and figuring out how to participate in a (successful) long distance relationship.

It has been about 8 days since I received this news and so far, here's what I got: Sometimes I get really sad, I'm not looking forward to cooking for myself or running errands alone, and I am significantly more susceptible to tears during somewhat emotional parts of TV shows. Mostly, though, I'm grateful. I have three wonderful jobs I can focus on, a handful of friends to reconnect with in Colorado, and a really awesome place to go visit now...



When I started my AmeriCorps year, I was told to "expect the unexpected" and to always be "FEMA Flexible". I thought that because I was more in control of my life this year that these cheesy phrases would not be as applicable...clearly the universe is now having a nice little laugh...

ANYWAY, this is going to be another fun new adventure, not exactly what I had planned, but when is it ever? Until the next bump, I'll be riding this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment