Things I Write

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The National Mall and Me

I have officially been in Washington, D.C. for an entire week. Quite truthfully, with the exception of traffic, I have nothing bad to say about the place. My office is a five minute walk from the National Mall (which I walk every lunch), our work is fulfilling, intellectually stimulating, and critically important, and I get to come home to two supportive, gracious Team Leader roommates. This second round of work is drastically different from our last deployment in only the best ways.

With the massive amount of traffic, unfortunately, the weekdays are long. We leave for work long before sun up and we return to our Extended Stay America just as the sun is setting. Physical Training and dinner still have to happen…and the next thing you know, we’re all snoozin’. To say the least, I have to get all my adventuring done during lunch hours so that we’re not all sitting in traffic for unnecessarily long in the afternoon.



This post serves two purposes then: 1) To let everyone know that I have safely arrived in Washington D.C. and 2) To show you the few pretty pictures I have taken in the past couple days. Enjoy! J


No comments:

Post a Comment