Things I Write

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Denver Stay-cation.

A beautiful thing is happening these days-- I have some time off. Outrageous, I know. I was planning on being in New York City for Spring Break...but because of not-totally-forseen circumstances (hah), I am instead having a little bit of a "stay-cation" right here in the Denver area. It has been and will continue to be in the 70s until tomorrow-ish so I am participating in all my out-doorsy, sun-dressy activities until the snow starts on Thursday. Oh Denver, how you confuse and excite me. 

Since the start of my vacation which also doubles as my last week of being 23 (gasp!), I have done a lot of really cool shit-- pardon my French. I have gone on a Harley ride to gorgeous Golden, went to a poetry slam at The Mercury Cafe with my roomie, went on a great hike in Mount Galbraith Park, beer tasted for the first time ever at Odd13 Brewing, cider tasted at The Old Mine Cidery and Brewpub, stayed the night with one of the best friends I've made since moving to Denver, and connected for the first time with my mom's cousin. Life has been really really fun the past couple days.

The next couple days, however, are a little less "fun" and a little more about planning my future. I'm staying in Denver for at least another year-- yay, seriously. This means, though, that I need to find a full-time job (cue depressing, exhausted music). My time with Mi Casa's Neighborhood Center at North is coming to a close the end of May...and I need to replace that fulfilling job with another one. I don't think making espresso drinks is going to make the "I feel like I'm making a positive difference in people's lives" cut. Luckily I have made some incredible professional connections that have been passing along job openings and I am so grateful.

But despite these awesome connections, I still have to go through the struggle, pain, disappointment, elation, and rigor of applying for all these jobs. Life is fun and busy today...Life will be (hopefully) motivated and busy tomorrow. 

This is Lisa's new puppy in a bag.
We thought it was hilarious-- naturally.
A cool little flower cactus ball on my Mount Galbraith Hike :)
Gluten-reduced (<10ppm) beer at Odd 13 Brewing!
Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment